1 c (120 g) flour
3/4 c (64 g) natural cocoa (dutch process cocoa or triple coco blend)
1 3/4 c (347 g) sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
t tsp espresso powder (optional but worth it)
3 large eggs
8 tbsp (113 g) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 c (50 g) vegetable oil
2 tsp tsp vanilla extract
1/2 diced candied bacon [3 pieces of bacon] (use this recipe)
1/4 c pork rinds
1/2 - 1 c salted caramel
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan (for thin brownies) or 8"or 9" square pan (for thick brownies).
2. Create our Candied Bacon recipe and let it cool.
3. Add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and espresso powder to a large bowl and mix; then add the wet ingredients to the same bowl- eggs, butter, oil and vanilla extract. Mix together for 2 minutes until it's smooth, thoroughly mixed, and the consistency of smooth fudge.
4. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake the brownies for the below cook time; half way through the designated cook time, turn the pan 180 degrees and bake for the remainder of the time. This will ensure that the brownie cooks evenly.
25 minutes for 9" x 13" pan
26 minutes for 9" pan
31 minutes for 8" pan
6. Once it has complete its cook time, remove the brownie from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
Insert a toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean, it is cooked completely.
7. Crush the pork rinds and chop the candied bacon into small piece and transfer into separate bowls.
8. Warm salted caramel in the microwave for 30 second intervals until it is a runny and loose consistency, similar to maple syrup.
9. In a medium bowl add the pork rinds, bacon and caramel and mix thoroughly; but feel free to add more of any of these 3 ingredients, if you desire.
10. Once the brownies have cooled, spoon the caramel mixture over the brownies and post a picture to IG (tag @remixx_life #butterbaconbrownie)
....Naw just eat it!