I'm the Captain Now French Toast
Ingredients & Measurements (above)
Serving: 6-8 people
Total Cook Time: 40 minutes
Recipe Created by: Ted Mack
/captain crunch-egg-challah bread/ (n)
These heavenly pillows of soft Challah Bread is mixed with the Captain Crunches golden flavor creating this decadent=next level, French Toasts! #hangryYet?
1. Empty Captain Crunch into a gallon size bag and crush it. <therapy>
2. Pour the crushed cereal into a large pan to prepare dredging stations.
3. Combine eggs, sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, and spices into a large bowl. Stir until the mixture has the consistency of a custard. (Add 2 tbsp of Bourbon if you would like to add more flavor.)
4. Dredging process:
*Soak (1 inch thick) slice of Challah bread into the egg mixture
*Lightly press each side of the soaked bread in the Captain Crunch crumbles
*Place each dredged slice on a plate or parchment paper
5. Heat 2 tbs of butter in a large skillet to medium heat and gently place your slices in the pan. <Give them enough space to cook>
6. Cook 1-2 minutes per side (Check every 40 seconds).
7. Place each cooked slice on a baking sheet and sit it inside of a warm oven until all slices have been cooked.