Ingredients & Measurements (above & below)
9 oz soy chorizo (goya)
1 sweet onion thinly sliced
4 cloves of garlic (diced)
2 jalapenos (deseeded and diced)
2 chipotle peppers & adobo sauce
1 cup of roasted cashews
1 red pepper diced
1 green pepper diced
2 cups of russet potatoes (peeled, diced)
1 bunch of chopped Cilantro
1 thinly sliced Radish
3 chopped Scallions
1 tsp ground cumin
I tsp chili powder
2 tsp ground paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp turmeric
salt & pepper to liking
1 cup of water
1. Heat cast iron pan to medium.
2. Sauté onion, garlic, jalapeños, red pepper, green pepper, and seasoning (cumin, paprika, garlic & chile powder, salt & pepper) until fragrant (2-3 minutes).
3.Add soy chorizo to the veggies and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4. In a sauce pan add diced potatoes to boiling salted water and cook for 10-15 min until tender.
5. Drain the potatoes and add them back into the pan. Add roasted cashews, 1/4 cup of jalapenos, 1-2 chipotle peppers (depending on your heat intake), 1 cup of water, 1 tsp of turmeric, salt & pepper to cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally!
7. Add the potato & cashew mixture and 1 tsp of turmeric into a blender to blend until smooth. Add teaspoons of water to the blender if the consistency is not smooth.
8. Pour mixture right over the veggies in the cast iron pan.
9.Garnished with thinly sliced radishes, chopped scallion and cilantro.
10. Grab a chip and dig in!