Ingredients & Measurements (above)
1lb of Spring Mix (container)
1 large Heirloom Tomato
2 large Portobello Mushrooms
1 large Shallot
6 pieces of Bacon
1 Avocado (ripe)
2 tbsp of Bleu Cheese
1 bottle of Honey Based Balsamic Dressing
1 bottle of Oil Based Balsamic Dressing
1. Rinse the veggies (spring mix, mushrooms and heirloom tomatoes). Chop the shallots, mushrooms, avocado & tomatoes into bit size pieces.
2. Cook 6 pieces of bacon, until crispy, on Medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
3. Heat another pan to Medium and follow the below steps to either prepare caramelized shallots or fried onions/shallots. All dependent on your liking.
-Caramelized shallots- Add a pinch of salt, oil and shallots to the pan; cook until brown at Medium heat and then turn the heat to Low to help the onions begin to caramelize. Cook the onions for 10-15 minutes and occasionally moving around the onions to avoid them from burner or not evenly cooking.
-Fried Onions- You can either buy pre-made fried onion in the can or add 1-2 tbsp of flour in a bowl along with the chopped shallots. Mix, add 2-3 tablespoon of oil to Medium heated pan and begin to fry shallots in 3 parts (making sure to not over crowd the pan).
4. Add mixed spring mix to a clean large bowl, along with mushrooms, tomatoes, shallots. Sprinkle over enough bleu cheese to your liking and chopped avocado.
5. Mix half a bottle of Honey Balsamic dressing along with a half of Oil based Balsamic Dressing. Lightly pour mixed dressing over the salad.