Ingredients & Measurements (above)
1. Rinse shredded potatoes until water is clear, then drain and squeeze dry.
Place dried shredded potato into a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, Parmesan cheese, Flour and Seasoning (Season salt, Chile powder, Basil, Cumin, Pepper); Add mixture to the dried shredded potatoes and mix together well. Let it the flavors marry together, so sit this aside for a few minutes.
3. Heat 1/4 inch of the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add a 1/4 cup of the potato mixture to the pan; flatten the patty to a 1/2 inch thick layer. Cook until nicely browned on the bottom, then flip over and brown on the other side. It should take at least 5 minutes per side. Keep a close eye on it.
4. Remove from pan, and drain on paper towels. Season with a little extra salt and
pepper, and set aside.
5. Scramble up two eggs, add cheese if desired.
6. Place hash brown at the base of the plate, stack lump crab meat on top and then
place the scrambled eggs (or poached) on top of the crab meat.
7. Lastly, cover the top of this amazing tower with some hollandaise sauce and a
generous amount of Old Bay and chopped green onions. You can add more crab meat on top as well.